Thursday, August 22, 2013

How to dress Pear (Triangle) Shape - The Peplum Shirt

Everyone has different body shapes although all body shapes can be often grouped into categories such as apple (round), pear (triangle), and so on. Often I find myself struggling with properly dressing myself in a manner that would flatter my body shape. I would see an outfit that looks absolutely adorable on one person and I am blind to the fact that it does not even suit my body. Or when I see a cute outfit that looks good but just not on me. I like to look at different outfits online to give me some ideas that would help me assemble a flattering look with the limited clothing in my own closet. Hopefully, this will give you some ideas too.

My aunt gave me a a giant sack of clothing from the back of her closet. Very nice clothing but some are not for my body shape but I try to make it work. Normally (correct me if I'm wrong), peplum shirts are supposed to be flattering for pear shaped women. But I think in this case the ruffled area is at the bottom of the shirt instead of at the waist where it would emphasize the smaller waist.


The peplum at the bottom of the shirt emphasizes my wide hips. We want to draw attention AWAY from the hips not towards it. So what we can do here is tuck it into a high waist shorts, normal shorts might work as well but I have not tried it for myself. 


Notice how your eyes are not immediately drawn to the hips. High waisted shorts also create the illusion of elongated legs which is perfect for people with short legs (such as myself) or are petite. 






No comments:

Post a Comment