Saturday, October 5, 2013

First Etsy sale and ongoing projects

I am so excited! My very first Etsy sale was made a few days ago. It only took about two months for my first sale. I started brain storming for the A Bit of Everything Emergency Kit about a little more than six months ago. I actually started making test designs for the pouch in the summer time. A month before school start in August I was able to complete the design and perfect the product. It took me about a week or two just to sort out pricing, packaging, shipping, and photographing. I basically put up the shop for fun and if my items did not sell by Christmas I would have given them away as presents. I was amazed that someone would actually want to buy something that I made! Of course others have thee handcrafted items sold so easily but their pieces are so beautiful and crafty. Not that I do not think my masterpiece is not crafty but it is something that can be made at home. I guess people do pay for convenience. So  I did find out that my shipping prices were underpriced so I had to make up the difference in the cost with some of the profit money I was receiving from the kit. But I just had so much fun packaging the item and just taking it all in. The experience itself was so much worth it. I know I am ranting and getting a little carried away with such a simple thing but it is such a wonderful feeling.
On the other hand, I am working on some side project in which I plan to post up on my blog. I have the makeup vanity, bookcase decorating, pear shaped fashion, the fitness motivation wallpaper for the iPhone. The wallpaper will be large enough to fit almost any phone with proper cropping.

No comments:

Post a Comment