Monday, October 28, 2013

Hello Kitty Costume

For the second day of week before Halloween, I decided to dress up as the oh so popular Hello Kitty! I do have a lot of Hello Kitty items. Also I've never dressed up as Hello Kitty before. After hours brainstorming on what items in my closet would scream Hello Kitty, I remembered that last year Tuan bought me a Hello Kitty dress from Hot Topic. Perfect!

Although you don't have to have a real Hello Kitty costume to be Hello Kitty. As long as you are wearing the colors, maybe adorn yourself in her products, and/or draw on some whiskers and maybe some cat ears you will be good!

Clothing- If you do not actually own anything Hello Kitty, any outfit coordination of pink,red, and white would be fine. Hello Kitty's outfits over the years have changed in color. Her outfits range from blue/white, red/pink, blue/striped red and white, and pink/dark pink. Just type in Hello Kitty in google and you will see what Im talking about.

I wore nude tights underneath to keep me warm and to make my legs look super smooth and soft. I paired my outfit with black ballerina flats from Payless Shoes. You know, those flats with the bows on them that everyone has.

Accessories- Put on everything you can find! I wore a set of earrings that Mom gave me for Christmas last year. I wore my glasses so that I would match my nerdy Hello Kitty earrings. The pink and red Hello Kitty silly bands, I found from my little cousin. Also I would have worn the Hello Kitty ring if it weren't for the fact that I clean and touch food all day so it would get really nasty. The necklace was something I quickly put together. The Hello Kitty pendant was something that I saved off a necklace that I threw away long ago. The hole was not large enough to string through anything to I had to add it onto a hoop. I used the necklace that my mom got for me on her Cozumel cruise.

I only wore the two on the right since I only have two sets of piercings. 

These were chosen out of a multi colored set, I wanted my outfit to match.

Hello Kitty ring from Caitlin.

Hair- I straightened my hair to keep me warm when I work. It can get really cold there. I did not have time to make a cat ears or the giant Hello Kitty bow. Instead I wore a red bow that I bought a long time ago from Claire's. It would from the $10/10 item clearance.

This was from a set of 4 bow hair clips.


Makeup- I went with a pink/purple eyeshadow. I used liquid eyeliner to draw the whiskers on my face because it tends to last longer than cream or pencil as long as you don't touch or rub it. Everyone's face is different but this is what I did for myself. When drawing in the whiskers I used a eyeliner pencil to mark where they will begin. Looking into a mirror I drew a mark where the outer edges of my pupils ended and where the bottom of my eye socket met. Right underneath, about right in the middle of my cheeks is where I placed the middle mark. Then the last one underneath that. My goal was to get the whiskers on my cheeks so what when I smiled my whiskers would move.

Below is the final product, again the awkward pose is to show off the bow in my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment