Sunday, July 28, 2013

Athena and the Bow Back Shirt

Tuan brought home a new kitten! She is so adorable and only a month and a half young. We've had her for about two weeks already. Tuan named her Athena but I nicknamed her Tina, Athena Tina. I wanted to name her Ash but everyone kept saying how the name reminded them of Ash from pokemon. I disagree, I named her after her fur color. But Athena Tina is cute too. :)


Above is Athena clinging to dear life on Tuan, poor baby. Below is her rolling around on the rug. She loves to sleep under the coffee table. 


A while I saw a pin on pinterest that had a bow back straight down the middle of a shirt. I then saw a really cute  bow back tee shirt at Forever 21 for like $15. Not happening, I'm not buying that so I made my own. I made it out of an old tee shirt my mom had got me a long time ago. It's supposed to be an athletic tee but the sweat can be seen too easily so I've never worn it until now.


I put on the shirt and measured how much I wanted the shirt to be taken in. Then using that measurement I made 6 bows to fill in the spaces. I cut out the back from the ends of the collar down to the bottom of the shirt. Then I sewed on the bows one by one. I realized that I messed up in the calculations of the shirt so that the arm holes were pulled back too much. So I proceeded to cut off the arms and cut the collar into a v-neck shirt. 

Front of shirt


Back of shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment