Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Bern's Steakhouse Review

I did some digging and I found the review I wrote for Bern's Steakhouse. We went there for our 3rd anniversary last year but it is still an experience I remember to this day.


I went here for my 3rd anniversary with my boyfriend. I wanted to go to a fancy place where we could dress semi formally. We had to call in advance to make a reservation although when we got there there was plenty of space for the earlier time that I wanted. There is only valet parking which is $5 when you leave. 

Atmosphere- Walking in I definitely felt like I just walked into a movie set of American Horror story or something. If it weren't for the fact that that place was a well lit restaurant, it would have been a great haunted house.  The place could definitely use a makeover but do not let that fact stop you from going! The waiters and waitresses are well trained and very professional and polite. There are separate dining rooms so you do not have you're own room but you're not overly surrounded by a bunch of strangers. The food was amazing, costly but I feel you get the bang for your buck. 

Dinner- We got lump crab cake for appetizer it was two cakes for $17 it tasted wonderful. the sauce on the crab cakes complimented the dish so well. I ordered the fillet minion steak. I'm not much of a steak fan as you can tell I can't even spell the name correctly. What I liked the most was that the side dishes that came with the entree came constantly one after another so I wasn't starving and there was almost no wait time for my food. Each of the entrees came with salad, French onion soup with little biscuits, baked potato and on the plate with your main course comes with onion rings sweet carrots green beans. As for the steak... Juiciest steak I've ever had in my life. They age it for 7 days so that the juices seep in. Thinking about it now just makes my mouth water. 

After dinner they packed any unfinished food in a TO-GO
box for you and ask if you want dessert so they can make a reservation for a room for you upstairs. I was expecting a personal tour of the place like I've read in many reviews but I was never offered the choice. Although I over heard the table behind me was. Walking to the dessert room was a tour in itself. You can see the different dining rooms.The kitchen is open along the walkway so you can peer inside.

Dessert- The dessert rooms to me looked like a maze of barrels, you sit in a mini room/half barrel shaped room which has a music box so you can choose your own music. Along with a call waiter switch that didn't work in our room (we flipped it on and off various times , lol whoops). I adore how dessert can consist of three different desserts. I ordered the chocolate peanut butter truffle which came with a banana an what seemed to be banana ice cream along with a chocolate mousse in top of a brownie covered in chocolate topped with Oreo crumbs... Delicious! While my boyfriend had a scoop peach sorbet, very fruity and full of flavor. 

Overall I the experience was wonderful, it was a once in a lifetime thing for me but I would bring my parents there to share the experience.

Photo of angel for your viewing pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment