Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Welcome to the world of Sephora

I find that whenever Tia steps up her makeup/cloths, I end up matching her since we always go shopping together. Less money for me but it's so worth it! My mom has always scolded me for using drugstore makeup since she believes that it is cheap quality and the chemicals in them can run my face. I do see where she is coming from so I decided that anything that goes on my face should be high end such as tinted moisturizer and concealer. Eye products such as eyeshadows, and eyeliners I don't mind from the drug store since it won't cause my face to break out. Although drugstore eyeshadows are less pigmented than the higher end ones.

Laura Mericer Tinted Moisturizer for normal skin in Nude $42 and 
Smashbox concealer in light $22

The photo above is from my very first Sephora experience. I say experience because I had a wonderful time shopping there. The lady that helped me although her eye makeup did scare me a little she was extremely helpful and nice. Another girl helped me find the concealer but she didn't seem as into it as the first lady. I have combination skin but the lady said I would be ok using it for normal skin and that color best suited my skin. When the girl put on the concealer for me she used Sephora's airbrush concealer brush. Oh my god, I felt like someone was rubbing clouds filled with marshmallows and rainbows on my face. I knew I had to have it. I was told that the Smashbox concealer was the best for under eye coverage and for the red spots around my nose. But when I applied it on myself, I feel like it didn't cover my dark circles. I returned it, perhaps I do not know how to use concealer correctly. I'll have to explore on my own.

The Dior highlighter was given to me as an early Birthday present from Tia. I went out to find a dupe of the highlighter. I bought Physicians Formula bronzer that looked like it had similar colors. A blogger claimed it was a good dupe but I found it to be overly shimmery. This is one of the most beautiful highlighters I've ever seen. It makes your skin look RADIANT.

Dior Shimmer Powder $45

 It even comes it with it's own pouch!

 It's hard to see in the picture but there is a giant CD holograph on the top of the lid. 

I've used it everyday for a month now and it looks almost brand new.

So pretty~


This is just the few of many things I've bought from Sephora. I have a few gift sets in which I will post up later. I want to dedicate an entire post to each of them. I have so much to say about them! I LOVE SEPHORA! Shut up and take my money!

No comments:

Post a Comment