Friday, December 13, 2013

Repurpose Shopping Bag into a Box

Christmas is quickly approaching and I'm sure everyone still has a lot of present shopping to do. Some stores provide you with complimentary boxes for your items. But what if you do not have any or need more for those smaller gifts? No fear, just pull out those nice paper shopping bags that you been saving because they are too nice to throw away. ( I sound like I'm trying to sell something lol) you know those cute little bag you hoard from your free Victoria Secret panty stash, hollister, bath and body works, sephora, ect.

Side Notes
-I think the best bags to use are the VS and the Sephora ones. They have a plastic layer on the outside and is made of a thicker cardboard which holds the shape of the box much better.
-I like to wrap my presents like this because it gives odd shaped presents a easier shape to wrap. Also when I have multiple small gifts I like to put it together in one box. 
-If your item is smaller you can make the cuts deeper to make a smaller bag and cut off the excess
-If your items are larger you can make the cuts less shallow but leave a little room so that the flaps can overlap so that the top is more stable
-I like my gifts to be snug in its box but you can stuff it to make it rattle less.

Materials
-Paper shopping bag of any sort
-Scissors 
-Tape
-A gift to put in the bag

I'm using this cute PINK VS bag.

1. Place your gifts inside the bag. 



2. Mark the side of the bag for the height the box. I usually just eye ball it but this will be the depth you will cut the corners to.


3. Fold the flap in. Repeat this for all of the sides. 


4. One more to go!


5. Tape your box down. Then wrap it up or slap a bow on it. How easy was that?!








No comments:

Post a Comment